Sonido de FFCC RING OF FATES, por Yasuhiro Yamanaka

"Creo que aún hay gente que ve la música de los videojuegos como simples efectos añadidos, algo así como una música de fondo. Me gustaría demostrar que esto no es cierto." - Nobuo Uematsu

Moderator: Viento

Aero-R
Gargán Dominante
Gargán Dominante
PSN ID: Aero-R

Sonido de FFCC RING OF FATES, por Yasuhiro Yamanaka

Post by Aero-R » 03 Mar 2012, 17:36

A lo largo del día mientras me informaba sobre una antigua competición que hizo Square Enix hace unos cuatro años para los jugadores de Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Ring Of Fates, llegué a encontrarme una nota de Yasuhiro Yamanaka sobre la composición musical del juego, así que me apetecía compartirla.

En esta nota, el encargado de los aspectos de sintetizador nos habla de su trabajo con Kumi Tanioka:

Yasuhiro Yamanaka wrote:Hello, everyone. This is Yasuhiro Yamanaka, the synthesizer operator.

I will explain how the music composed by Tanioka is actually implemented into the game, along with an account of an exchange between myself and Tanioka.

For FFCC Ring of Fates, aside from a few parts, music playback is done with the built-in audio source. In simpler terms, I break apart the music composed by Tanioka so it fits in the game’s specs, then put the pieces back together. This way, it’s possible to playback the music using less memory.

This is what the equipment looks like.

[center]Image[/center]

However, the built-in audio has a tough time with certain sounds, so in order to avoid this problem I have to have Tanioka keep that in mind while composing.

Before Tanioka composes the music, I try to take measures:
“These sounds and these sounds are hard to use, so try not to use those if you can.”

But regardless, it ends up with me saying:
“I told you not to use these sounds!!”

However, I’m well aware that it’s necessary for the song, so from this point on our exchange becomes a bit strange.

Me: “I’ll try to put this sound in somehow, so can we scrap this one instead?”
Tanioka: “…” (eating bread)
Me: “All right, I’ll see what I can do *tears*…so buy me something.”

Generally, my resistance just goes ignored. This kind of exchange was routine, as just about every song made me try every conceivable way to make it work.

I feel as though Tanioka’s music for Ring of Fates adds another dimension to the drama. I find myself on the verge of tears when I’m checking the events.

Please look forward to FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES: Ring of Fates.

Yasuhiro Yamanaka
Synthesizer Operator
FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES: Ring of Fates